Main content starts here.

Kasuisai Temple

One of the largest temples in the Tokai district, belonging to the Soto sect. Established in 1394 by Zen Master Jochu Tengin, the 7th generation disciple of Dogen. The 11th abbot, Tozen, rescued Tokugawa Ieyasu when he was a boy (then named Takechiyo) and was being held hostage by the Imagawa family. Ieyasu rebuilt the temple and changed its name to Kasuisai Temple when he became the lord of Hamamatsu Castle. The extensive temple compound has several buildings including a main hall, shoin, and abbot’s residence. The shrine on the small hill enshrining Akiha Sanjakubo Daigongen was moved here from Mt. Akiha. Also known as the flower temple, there are excellent peonies here in the spring, white Japanese orchids in the summer, and maple leaves in the autumn.

Basic Information

Name

Kasuisai Temple

Postal Code

437-0061

Address

2915-1 Kuno Fukuroi City

Operation Information/Charges

8:00 - 16:30

Regular Holidays/Closings

Open all year

Contact Information

Website

Kasuisai Temple (External Link)

Parking

Parking

Available

Large Bus Parking

Available

Remarks

Large-size cars10car  Small-size cars100car

Equipment and Service in Facilities

Pets

Allowed

Toilet Facilities

Allowed

Free Wi-Fi

Not available

Eating & Drinking

Available

Transportation

If coming by the Tokai Shinkansen:

Kakegawa Station
(Route) JR Fukuroi Station --> Take the Shizutetsu Justline Bus from and get off at the ”Kasui” bus stop

If driving (Tomei Expressway):

Fukuroi IC
(Route) 5 min by car

Foreign Languages Spoken

Pamphlets

Japanese

Foreign Language Explanation, Notes

Japanese

Location Map

Click icons spots related to the map.

List of nearby spots

 

 

HOME > Kasuisai Temple